MEAL Officer Job Summary
Job Title: MEAL Officer
Job Type: Full Time
Dimensions of the Role
- Under the supervision of the MEAL coordinator and across, the M&E officer will support the establishment and day-to-day implementation of the project Monitoring system, evaluations, and data analysis and interpretation for learning of the project.
- The post holder will interface and support programme team members and programme coordination as well as government actors and local partners regarding monitoring, evaluation, research, and learning.
- The role requires strong facilitation and organizational skills along with the ability to analyse and communicate complex information to all staff, partners and other stakeholders.
- This role also requires the capacity to support creatively methods for ensuring high levels of engagement of diverse children/adolescents from marginalized groups in M&E processes. This requires using creativity to support the design studies and data collection tools that are as child-friendly as possible, including adolescents from low-income and low literacy settings.
- In collaboration with the MEAL coordinator, Project coordinator and Response manager and other relevant staff, the M&E officer will:
- Support the development and implementation of program M&E framework to capture project performance and results, including data reporting, assessments, and all monitoring and evaluation activities.
- Contribute to the monthly and quarterly project target review sessions.
- Support the development of data flow pattern for project that will ensure timely data collection and reporting.
- Report results of M&E activities by providing written documentation about progress toward achieving indicators/targets, as appropriate.
- Support leadership at project location level on M&E to ensure the program technical integrity and achievement of program goal and corresponding objectives and targets.
- Ensure high-quality implementation, in close collaboration with the field team and the M&E coordinator, and consistency in protocols, information and reporting systems.
- Support efforts at project location to monitor and evaluate project interventions, document results, and provide feedback to stakeholders to guide decision-making.
- Lead efforts to utilize training monitoring systems to track and monitor trainers and participants at training events to facilitate follow-up and recordkeeping.
- Utilize the training data collected to inform strategic decision-making and project planning.
- Support targeted evaluations and operations research, including design, data collection, management and analysis.
- Ensure quality of data through data verification procedures, including routine data quality audit
- Support field level partners staff, and enumerators in designing, developing, and deploying tools for community-based selection criteria for the selection of beneficiaries.
- Support M&E capacity-strengthening activities with project staff and implementing partners, including on subjects such as child safeguarding in data collection and ethical considerations of collecting data with children.
- Ensures that GPON policies for Safeguarding Children and Young People and Gender Equality and Inclusion are fully embedded in accordance with the principles and requirements of the policy including relevant Implementation Standards and Guidelines as applicable to their area of responsibility. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring staff and associates are aware of and understand their responsibilities under these policies and GPON’s Code of Conduct (CoC), their relevance to their area of work, and that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures.
Technical Expertise, Skills and Knowledge
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum of 2 years’ work experience in monitoring and evaluating programs with an organization that has a robust M&E component.
- Prior experience with Plan International or related non-governmental organization is preferred.
- Experience in developing child-friendly M&E systems/tools or doing research with children is a strong asset.
- Must be willing to travel to other LGAs to work.
- Effective in written and verbal communication in English. Ability to communicate in applicable local language(s) is an added advantage.
Salary and Conditions
- In accordance with GPON Terms of Employment. The income will be subject to statutory deductions as per applicable Nigeria laws. The employee is responsible for the tax returns.
- The position is for Nigerian nationals only and qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply.
- All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in English.
- GPON provides equal opportunity in employment and prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
- GPON encourages all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
Application Closing Date
Deadline: July 18, 2023