United Nations recruitment 2024/2025: UN job vacancies, application form, career portal www.careers.un.org, requirements, how to apply, starting/closing date and other relevant information is available in this article.
United Nations Recruitment – The UN Careers Application Portal www.careers.un.org is open to all interested applicants across the nation. For full details for a successful application, kindly read through this article to the end.
In addition, this article will cover the basic information regarding UN jobs in Africa, entry-level UN jobs, UN Internship Careers, and United Nations in Nigeria, as well as how to apply for UN jobs in 2024.
Is United Nations Recruitment 2024 Ongoing?
Yes, the United Nations recruitment 2024 is ongoing. Persons having interested for UN job vacancies are to visit the online career portal www.careers.un.org to explore vacant positions and submit an application accordingly.
We have made the process quite easy for you by providing the comprehensive list of jobs currently available, the requirements and off course how you can apply.
UN Internship Careers 2023
If you want to work in diplomacy or public policy, an internship at the United Nations could be a great place to start.
The internship’s goal is to provide you with firsthand knowledge of the United Nations day-to-day working environment. You will have the opportunity to work directly with our employees.
You will be exposed to high-profile conferences, participate in meetings, and contribute to analytical work as well as UN organizational policy as a member of our team, working directly with excellent and inspiring career experts and senior management.
Also, you will first accept the amount of responsibility you can bear; but, the potential for growth is yours to develop.
UN Job Vacancies 2024
Across the globe, these are the vacant positions that the United Nations are currently recruiting for. Go through them and take note of the positions you’d like to apply once you visit the application portal.
- Senior Programme Management Officer
- Secretary to the Commission
- Regional Subprogamme Coordinator – Biodiversity and Ecosystems
- Associate Human Resources Officer
- Chief of Environment and Development Policy Section
- Senior Human Rights Officer
- Director, Information Centre
- Scientific Affairs Officer
- Senior Political Affairs Officer
- Senior Interpreter, Russian
- Finance and Budget Officer
- Programme Management Officer
- Investment Officer
- Public Information Officer
- Principal Programme Management Officer
Basic Information About UN Internship 2024
- Duration: The internship program lasts at least two months and can last up to six months. If you are chosen, you must begin your internship before or within one year of graduation.
- Cost: Interns at the United Nations are not compensated. All travel, insurance, lodging, and living expenses must be covered by the interns or their sponsoring organizations.
- Visa: You will be in charge of getting and financing the essential visas.
- Travel: You will plan and pay for your trip to the United Nations site where you will intern.
- Medical insurance: You will be responsible for any costs incurred as a result of accidents or illness while on internship and must provide proof of valid major global medical insurance coverage.
- Confidentiality: You must be discreet and keep all unpublished material gained during the internship confidential, and you may not publish any documents based on such information.
- Academic Credit: You may be able to receive academic credit for your internship from your higher education school. Check with your university to validate their internship academic credit rules.
Requirements for United Nations Recruitment 2024
To be successful in the ongoing United Nations Recruitment, below are the criteria you must meet.
- Candidate applying must have a valid means of identification recognized either nationally or internationally
- Applicant should be atleast 18 year of age
- Candidate should have fundamental education and those aiming for higher positions should have atleast a degree or equivalent
- Candidate applying must be analytical, competent, ready to adapt to new working environment
- Applicant that are computer literate have an added advantage
- Applicant should be a member of relevant professional bodies
- Ability to think strategically and holistically
- Very good problem-solving skills
- Excellent leadership and people management skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to pay adequate attention to detail
- Candidate should be willing to relocate to any part of the country if need be
- Candidate applying should have good team spirit
- He or she should be able to work with less or no supervision
- Applicant should also have sound knowledge of the position he or she is applying for
- Candidate with reasonable working experience have an added advantage.
How to Successfully Apply for United Nations Recruitment 2024
- Visit the UN Careers Portal at www.careers.un.org.
- For UN Nigerian Job, visit: https://nigeria.un.org/en/jobs
- For an Internship, visit: http://www.unfpa.org/jobs/unfpa-internship-programme
- Click the “apply now” button next to the job you want to apply for.
- Click “Create an account here” to continue.
- Please provide the necessary information.
- Then sign in to complete the online application form.
- Upload all academic and professional certificates.
- Proofread your application before submitting it.
- Nigeria Police Application Portal | www.Policerecruitment.gov.ng Portal
- Nigerian Navy DSSC Shortlisted Candidates | Check List Via PDF
- NAF DSS Shortlisted Candidates | Check NAF DSS Shortlisted Candidates Here
- ICPC Shortlisted Candidates | Check ICPC Shortlisted Names Here
- NECO Shortlisted Candidates | Download Final List
- NECO Recruitment Application Form Portal | www.neco.gov.ng
- WAEC Recruitment Application Form Portal | www.waeconline.org.ng
- JAMB Recruitment Application Form Portal | www.jamb.gov.ng
Recruitngr is not the official page. this is just a page that summarizes information and as such always check the official portal for news confirmation, While on the hand will try to keep the information correct and updated, also we will not ask for money for any information that we give out here.